65-1116 Kapiolani Rd 19-b, Kamuela
- Remarks: MOTIVATED SELLER WILL CONSIDER ALL REASONABLE OFFERS!
2 fully restored country homes on a level, acre gem property in the heart of Waimea town, only a short, level walk from schools, farmers’ markets, and the Kamuela post office. Both homes shine with gorgeous butcher block countertop kitchens and refinished hardwood floors. Each home has its own dedicated laundry, separate water and electric meters, and individual septic systems. Shakertown cedar shingle siding on the homes’ exteriors was treated for added durability.
Moved to this site in 2012 as a labor of love, the homes were rebuilt with all new: foundations; roofs; wiring; plumbing; solar hot water systems; appliances; plumbing fixtures; gutters; and doors. Many of the numerous windows with pastoral views are also new.
The 1,296sqft front home, originally built in 1940, has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a grand back porch off of the spacious living area. Steps up to a doorway lead into the large kitchen which features Mauna Kea views and plenty of counter space and storage. Next to the kitchen, the dining room has Mauna Kea views and a side door with landing.
The 1,032sqft back house, originally built in 1937, has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and an inviting front porch. A side door in the bright kitchen leads out to a 10×14 ft utility building.
A driveway leading to the 1,152sqft garage and to the parking areas in front of each home was designed with 6-8 inches of 2.5 inch base coarse over geotech fiber to allow for water drainage. The large 2 car garage along the Kapiolani Road side of the property provides privacy from the roadway along with covered parking, additional storage space, and a work room area. Electrical service was trenched underground, alongside a separate waterline trench, from the 2 meters on the garage to each of the homes.
Share with ohana for ideal multi-family living or rent the 2nd home. Kohala coast beaches are 15min from this upcountry dream location.
- Features: Smoke/Heat Detector
- Appliances: Disposal,Dishwasher,Refrigerator,Range/Oven,Range Hood
- Floor Covering: Hardwood
- Telephone Availability: Cable,Cell,Land Line
- TV Availability: Satellite,Cable
- Washer/Dryer: Dryer,Washer
- Vehicle Storage/Parking: Covered,Detached,Other (remarks)
- Design: Single Wall/Dbl Board
- Exterior Area (Sq Ft): 177
- Oceanfront Parcel: N
- Frontage: Road/Street
- Garage Area (Total): 1152
- Heating/Cooling: None
- Land Area (Sq Ft): 46566
- Land Tenure: Fee Simple
- Lava Zone: 8
- Lot Description – Land: Grassy
- Pool: N
- Power: Overhead,Underground
- Roads: County
- Wastewater: Septic
- Solid Waste Disposal (Trash): None
- Topography: Fairly Level
- View: Mountain
- Water: County
- Monthly Association/Maintenance Fees: 0
- Assessed Value: 919100
- Fees-Total (Monthly) (sum of Assn,Maint and Other): 0
- Tax Key 9: 365011016
- Taxes (Annual): 1391
- Tax Key: 3650110160000
- District: South Kohala
- Zoning: A-1A
- Assessment Year: 2019
- MLS #: 629534
- Price: $1,450,000
- Interior Area (Sq Ft): 2328
- Bedrooms (Total): 6
- Bathrooms (Total): 3
- Baths Full (Total): 3
- Baths 3/4 (Total): 0
- Baths 1/2 (Total): 0
- Baths 1/4 (Total): 0
- Lot ID: 19-B
- Subdivision: Waimea Homesteads
- Zip Code: 96743